Friday, July 28, 2006

The Spontaneous Things in Life

I enjoy them way too much. Right after my SAT Academy today (Err, or shold I say yesterday?), damn good friend of mine, Ryan English, picks me up from my place. Apparently we had a movie thing going on with the some other people at the Chino Spectrum, but a) We both weren't informed of it and b) We were too busy to arrive in time (SAT Academy for me, Work for him). We both decided to go to Chino to mess around in Toys 'R' Us while we waited for them to finish with their movie. However, while trying to park behind the building for some random reason, we instead decided to drive to Los Angeles for dinner. We went to LA, and looked for half an hour for a free parking spot (English is the man to take with you if you want to find one) in Little Tokyo.

There, we found this bitchin' Chinese restaurant in Little Tokyo (I know, the place to find Chinese food - even though Chinatown is just several blocks away). This place is called Chop Suey that, according to English, has been around since the 1920s (His grandfather went there as a child - as a bloody child!). I was amazed - we were eating in a part of Los Angeles/California history. It had these wooden stalls which people would sit in and eat, something like private booths. We went in, and I find this really
attractive Asian girl serving water. I kept on guzzling my water down to keep her coming. :D Unfortunately, I'm not quite up to game when it comes to flirting...

Still, the Chow Mein was pretty damn good! And it was pretty cheap for Asian Cuisine food - I mean, for a Chinese Restaurant, it was expensive ($1 per bowl of rice! In Chinese Restaurants, rice comes for free! And you can get them by the pounds!). But from what I've tasted and seen, it was all cuisine food. You know, the fancy food you'd expect out of a restaurant in Beverly Hills or something. The rice wasn't just any rice - it was Jasmine Rice. And the Egg Rolls - it wasn't like anything I've ever seen or tasted! The Sweet and Sour sauce and a bit of wasabi in it, which just added to its taste. But enough of a critics review of the restaurant... After that, and after much browsing, we drove back home (Well, we stopped by Eric and Scott's Coressel place). So, that's pretty much how I spent my Friday night. Going to Los Angeles for Chinese Food in Little Tokyo. Spontaneous. Random. Awesome.

I love the spontaneous things about my life. Who knows - Dinner, Chinese Food in LA; Breakfast, Crappy food in Vegas.

No comments: