Monday, March 02, 2009

Just realized something...

I have five followers on blogspot? Wow. Wonder if any of them read any of this...

Alright, so as of recent I have declared myself a Facebook ban. Tristan, the Caucasian, has changed my password and will not tell me until the end of finals. Granted, yes, there will be other things to distract me online, but I feel Facebook will take a load off my short attention span.

With this week being Week 9 of Winter Quarter, I feel I've really gotta buckle down and study. I'm so behind that I think I'm going to need to deprive myself of sleep - and I feel I'm ready for that. The 24 Hour Film Dash has really thrown off my sleeping schedule and in a way conditioned me to be able to withstand staying up with minimal sleep. Terrible for my health? Probably. But hey, it's college - and at least I'm not resorting to Adderall or Ritalin - or any drug for that matter - to aid me in my studying. Though, I have read that neurologists do encourage brain enhancing drugs...

... I'll look into that later. For now, I need to bloooooooooooooooooooooooog. Cause I miss you guys. And I miss writing. And I miss looking for an excuse to ignore Italian homework.

It's odd. Since the 24 Hour Film Dash, it has indeed awaken something inside of me. And lately, I've been in a real Jazz binge - been getting a hold of some Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Stan Getz, and the list goes on... I'm ingesting all of this music and all this knowledge of jazz, hungrily.

I can't help it. I miss it. I need to pick up an instrument. Thing is, I don't have the time for that so I've resorted to just... listening. And learning. I need to find somebody on campus I can talk jazz with. Sure, my knowledge merely scratches the surface, but jazz is like a drug to me - it's intoxicating and I'm on it constantly. You know what I've fallen asleep to for the past couple nights (aside from Radiohead and Kings of Convenience)? Stan Getz and Bill Evans. Dave Brubeck Quartet.

All this jazz... I admit, it makes me feel pretentious listening to it. (But as I've always said people who use the word pretentious are a bit pretentious themselves...) But hey, I also feel like it makes me... classy. If there's anything I can say that I've taken away from Philip Ruiz, the band/orchestra director/conductor of Diamond Ranch High School - it's class. Either in one form or the other, I feel like I need more class in my life. Come to think of it, I've always felt an amount of class playing Jazz during 0 Period. And considering the people life has forced me to interact with - I've come to the realization that class died a long time ago. When? I don't know. Nevertheless, I think I'm going to try to keep it alive. Through jazz. Ah, listening to it again...

And trust me, listening to jazz is one thing. But to play and make jazz? It's a high that I miss. A high that I need.

Maybe next quarter... Or this summer...

Maybe...

Oh, and this is most likely going to feed into my Facebook notes... so those of you reading this, no I have not been on Facebook. It's just that my blog feeds into my notes.

Alright, enough about ze jazz. More about my Italian.

Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gestalt therapy takes into account that some things in life are not your fault, but you must still adapt to them, rather than rebel against them, or let them rule over you. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry outlet shop[/url] We then simply dispense the puree into the cold oil; I find a tall container of at least 4 quarts of oil works best, to allow ample time for the pearls to set as they settle toward the bottom. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]http://www.goosecoatsale.ca[/url] Biraloqwy
http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk Swwjxfxqu [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose outlet[/url] tdfqoorwr