Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ragtime is my coffee

Seriously. I'm trying to stay awake, procrastinating (which I NEED TO SERIOUSLY STOP DOING) and somehow I ended up listening to Youtube videos on ragtime.

Oh yeah, I remember how. I was looking through 24 Hour Film Dash videos, looking for the type of genres to expect, and I saw Silent Film was one of them. I thought to myself, "Hey, if we were to do a silent film, I'd like it to be very vaudevillian! You know, the silent films with the paid ragtime piano players!"

And thence, my search for ragtime music. Its really upbeat, and really energetic - which is probably why I'm still able to stay up. But I really got to get going on homework...

Here's some ragtime for you.

1 comment:

danP said...

I guess no matter what the era, mainstream pop music has always been obnoxious.