Saturday, November 08, 2008

Rambling

I seem to have a bad habit of breaking promises. Its not like I mean to do it intentionally - it's just that everytime I try to make a promise, I always end up not going through with it. Even though I have good intentions (most of the time) and have the will to go through, there always seems to be circumstances that stops me from making any progress on the promises. For example, this blog.

I should get back into blogging. It's good practice for writing. It's trendy with the whole Web 2.0 culture. And I hear there's a scholarship floating around for bloggers. But I don't know - I don't like the idea of exposing my life to other people. Strangers. Random acquaintances who just happen to stumble across this page. Or a possible employer. There are stories of people being fired because they blogged about how much they hate their boss.

It's funny how blogs have turned into a public diary. Didn't diaries used to be private - meant to keep hidden our true thoughts and secrets from the world? And yet people treat these blogs as if they're their own diaries. Exposing themselves more than the pervert that visits the park during the daytime. Am I the only one who finds a problem in this? Both the pervert and people exposing themselves?

But then again, I guess that's the whole point of it. Tell everybody what's going on in your life, your opinions, and whoever listens, they just happen to. And -

Where am I going with this? I honestly don't know. Stream of consciousness. Just writing whatever comes off the top of my head. It's odd, because looking back at my previous entries I can't help but think "God, what an idiot... What was I hoping to accomplish with these?"

I'm rambling. Who honestly wants to hear people ramble? Well, obviously you do. You're still reading this right now. But I don't understand it - why listen to somebody ramble if they're not even as amusing as a Bruce Campbell movie?

Ramble. Funny word. You ever just say a word to yourself, look at its spelling, and somehow it looks and just seems alien to you. Happens to me. Happening to me right now with the word "ramble." Ram-bull. Rambo. Ramses. Chef Ramsey. Chef. South Park. Central Park. Central Perk. Friends.

Ah, I understand my problem. I'm tired. I usually organize my thoughts before working on a blog entry... But I haven't done it in so long, I don't think it matters anymore. Anybody will write anything, and if somebody finds it amusing, well I guess the entry has served its purpose. Purpose. I need one of those. Maybe as much as I need a "good time" if you catch my drift. Yeah, you know what I mean.

Disneyland.

I wonder if I should put a pic on this blog somewhere... Pictures are always something nice to look at. Great way of catching somebody's attention. But then again, that's too much work.

I got it. No wonder why I stopped working on blogs. I put too much work into them. I mean, hell, why did I do that? Was I desperately looking for an audience? Why am I talking about myself?

God I need some sleep. You know what? Sleep sounds good now. I'll try to post another entry... Blogging good practice... but sleeping is even better...

No comments: